FRPP C springs or B springs

thall79

Mar 28, 2003
Sparta, IL
Ok while I am looking at the different Springs to lower my stang I notice the 2 different FRPP springs C or B. I read that the B springs are 450 rating and the C is a 650 rating for the front. I am still learning alot about suspension and general mustang performace mods, but when I read that this is my impression.

With C spring being a higher rating it will be a stiffer choice which will be good for cornering and not drop the front end down as much as the B spring that would give me a lower look and better ride quality.

Am I completly wrong or am I on the right track and just need guidance for the Jedi Masters.

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

B Springs are Progressive and C Springs are not. Also, if you plan on doing any drag racing I do not recommend either. I would go with a 4cyl fox in the rear and V8 fox in the front. Altough you might need to cut about 1/2 coil to get your desired ride height.

You're on the right track... :nice: Though both the Bs and the Cs should drop you the same amount in front (usually between 1.25 and 1.5 for our year Mustangs).

Cs are great if handling is your thing, but are pretty stiff. Bs are closer to stock and so still provide some weight transfer if drag racing's your goal.