FRPP E303 Cam

• Sponsors (?)

My take on that, and dont quote me, but there is a difference in idle between a 5spd model and an automatic. When in Drive in an auto, youre sitting sitting a big higher in the rpms than you would be in a 5spd.

Dont quote me, someone else will chime in and either agree and contribute, or give you the real answer you were seeking.

bump

Cause that is the way the Thing was tested and to pass they have to have the freedom of a clutch!! This isnt saying 80% of the cam s and heads out there wont pass emissions... but you HAVE to have that carb number.. and the cost of the cert. is unreal!! I would run a test and ee if you fail or pass... most of the time a guy can tune the car to pass then go back to the hipo mode.. there are ways around the smogg stuff!!

Just me.................................

Thumper
( just a note.. I was in SD ca. in the 70's!! Street scene was totally UNREAL!! 250 cars out on sat nite.. parking lots just full of hard core street racers.. then in 1972.. it was ALL GONE!! The cops would just open hoods and start righting fix it tickets !! wrong Carb.. Dist... Manifold.. the whole exhaust.. blah blah... yep it was over THAT fast!! the guys on the left coast got what they wanted!! Living snails and hoot owels.. and NO true muscle cars... does rice mean anything?? LOL)
Tpr