Frpp Headers??

BcCobra

May 24, 2003
So. Cal
Im considering purchasing a set of Ford racing Headers for my 98 Cobra. Im currently in Wyotech, and for a class project Im porting and polishing my heads, so I figure to get the most out of it I should purchase a set of headers. I have a dr gas x pipe that i love, and dont want to get rid of, plus my ground clearence sucks (Eibach Sportline Springs :rolleyes: ) So long tubes are kinda out. My only other choice is JBA, and they want 975, compared to the 399 for Frpp. So my question is, is it worth it to spend the money for the JBA's, or will the Frpp's do the job. And how do the Frpps compare to stock?

• Sponsors (?)

Depends are you looking for shorties or midlength. Bassani and JBA have midlenths and BBK,FRPP, and JBA have shorties. The JBA midlengths are way to much money but the Bassani's are around $625. You can get the JBA 1 5/8's ceramic coated shorty headers from Ampperformance.com for $570 , and $450 for the noncoated.

Eh, even if you are limited to upgrading to shorty headers only, it's still a better option than continuing to use the "restrictive," relatively speaking, factory exhaust manifolds (aka: "logs"). :D

Shop around for pricing on the FRPP & JBA shorty headers, you should be able to find a decent price...