FS: Edelbrock Torker 289 carbed intake in excellent condition

Discussion in 'Engine and Power Adder' started by BornInAFord, Nov 21, 2008.

Find More Mustangs For Sale!

1. BornInAFord

BornInAFord Member

Torker 289, excellent shape. Ready for porting or leaving as is. $125 + shipping OBO. I'll include Edelbrock's bracket for throttle cables if you'd like.

In case you aren't familiar with these vintage intakes: Twisted Torkers are great single plane carbureted intakes for stock or mild builds. Small plenum means great street manners, and the single plane means great track performance. Plenum is twisted to equalize runner length from one cylinder bank to the other (since they are offset) and improve distribution. Many feel this is a much better intake than the Torker 2 that replaced it. People that say that single planes are only for the track haven't used one of these small plenum T289s.

When I had it on my 5.0L in my 66, I loved the street manners, 28MPG highway (T5Z with 3.40 rear and 480CFM carburetor), instant response and the wide torque curve (dyno showed 95% of peak torque from 2000 to 4800RPM). It would pull until valve float at 5500, but it still had more in it. I liked it better all around than the Stealth it replaced. I'm selling it because I'm moving and can't take all my goodies with me.

It is not ported (although it did have some casting flash removed in the plenum). It has little to no pitting around the water ports or around the thermostat or water neck. The gasket surfaces are good, flat and sealable. It does have 4 helicoils for the carb studs, but that didn't cause any issues when I ran it. If you need any more pictures, PM or email me at daniel_n_hayes [at] yahoo.com.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daniel

2. BornInAFord

BornInAFord Member

Throttle bracket sold. Intake still available. :)