FS: Super Clean 2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, Black, $6500obo SoCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

white_fly

Dec 16, 2008
First a little preface about the Crown Victoria, especially the P71 package. There's a reason it's used by everyone from law enforcement and taxis to senior citizens. It is an extremely flexible platform that can do almost anything you want it to. It has great power, but also seems to get 19.5-20mpg every tank. There's plenty of room for any driver or passengers and the seats are definitely all-day comfortable. The cars are easy to work on and parts are inexpensive and plentiful. I've truly enjoyed owning this car and regret that I have to let it go, but someone is going to get a great car. Here's why:

Most of these cars lead long abusive lives with law enforcement. I picked this car up at auction in December of 2008 with 76K miles and it had been a highway patrol car for all those miles. Mechanically it was in amazing condition and the interior was fantastic. The car had obviously been taken care of and the back seat looked like no one had ever sat in it.

Most of these cars have mediocre paint jobs at best. I took the car down to primer and re-painted the car black. I also took the time to weld in patches for holes on the roof and in the trunk as well as the notch that had been cut for the spotlight. The paint still looks great and this is a very clean car.

About 3,000 miles ago, the transmission was rebuilt by a Ford factory transmission tech as the overdrive had gone out. This seems to be the only notable weak point of these cars, failing around the 100,000 mile mark. As such I have every reason to expect this transmission to last another 100,000 miles. Working on the transmission allowed me to spend quite a bit of time under the car and everything looks great. I also found that the car has an aluminum driveshaft which is surprisingly light.

In addition to the basic P71 package the car has the 3.55 rear end with limited slip which makes it both fun and extremely predictable. The watts-linkage clearly works as intended and the car handles great with much higher limits than stock on the '05 Mustang GT wheels and tires. The tires have at least 80% tread remaining and are very quiet as well.

The starter, spark plugs and battery were recently changed and I've used synthetic oil as long as I've owned the car. The windshield is about a year old.

The car has a factory CD-Player and a Viper alarm and keyless entry system. It has tan cloth seats with adjustable support for the driver in the front and vinyl in the back. The rubber floors are easy to keep clean and the dual lighter outlets come in handy often.

The car has a full size spare with a new tire that I had mounted before a cross-country road trip. I can also include the original set of wheels and with the RS-A Plus tires. One of the tires has a bubble in the sidewall.

I'm asking $6500 for the car. If you'd like to talk to me my number is 954.649.2243 and I'm usually very good about getting back to e-mails quickly.

-Patrick

2010-05-12%2016.23.05.jpg

2010-05-12%2016.23.42.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.