Drivetrain Fti Street Brawler Torque Converters

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by Falcon79, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Has anyone had any experience with these converters? I'm thinking of getting one from jegs but I can't find any reviews on them.

2. I work with quite a few guys who have built cars. The general consensus I found from ALL of them was that a poor converter will KILL even the best project. For a little more money, you can get a custom converter. I called Circle D specialties and got a custom billet 9 3/4" 3k stall converter for my car (aod/4r70w) for just under $800 shipped to the house....just my opinion, I only want to have to build this thing 1 time.

3. 331efiblue66, Lets just say that I don't have $800 to spend on a converter. I appreciate the response, but you really didn't answer the question. If I had the money to buy a custom converter I would. I want to know about the FTI converters because that is what I can afford and I don't want to look at my car on jack stands for the next 6 months and wonder what it would be like to drive my freshly rebuild AOD transmission.

4. Sorry, I can't answer your question.

5. There are some well respected transmission shops like Broader Performance that should be able to offer advice without breaking the bank or budget.