Fuel line is rotted...what to do??

PickupMan

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2000
Hazleton, Pa
Had to use the wife's car today and noticed the smell of fuel when I got out of the car. Took it home and found one of the fuel lines was leaking. Not sure if it's the retun or the feed. But it is wet and rotted. My question is where can I get both fuel lines new? The cae is a 98 V6 but I would think they are the same for the V6 and V8 cars.

thanks!
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

I was thinking the same thing. I have a 98 GT that is wrecked but it runs and drives great so I don't want to take that out of commission....anyone need a wrecked GT?? Anyway when I worked at the Ford dealership here in town we couldn't get factory fuel lines?? Don't know why. I'm going to call the local mustang junk yard and see what they say. Maybe the yard will have a stang?? I tried classic tube but all they had were brake lines. Thanks for the reply. I'll keep you guys posted if I come up with anything,

Joe

a dealer will be your best bet, 1998 is a year all by itself when it comes to the fuel system, v6 & v8 cars share the same componets, fwiw. now the factory lines are still aval but $$$, like $1000.00 for a Ca emmision equip car & @$500.00 for non-Calf emmission

Jason,
I got your IM. Thanks! I need the fuel lines that go from the tank to the engine. I think one from the filter to the ingine is bad...the feed? And the return is almost shot as well. I did a minor fix with rubber hose today but she is going to need new lines really soon. Jason, If those are the lines you have then I'll take them. Thanks again for the offer!

Joe