Fuel Fuel Line Repair?

GT80

Jun 19, 2014
Greenville, SC
The guy that owned my '88 before me pulled the motor and in the process he cut the fuel lines right where they go into the passenger side front wheel well (actually it looks like he just bent them back and forth until they broke). Is there some way I can splice the lines from the engine bay of my '90 into these cut lines or am I stuck with completely replacing both lines?

Attachments

• fuel lines.JPG
    fuel lines.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Sponsors (?)

That is rather unfortunate. You may need to use tube nuts and flare the existing lines if you want to tie back on to them. Russel makes adapter fittings that will allow you to tie the stock fuel connectors into braided steel fuel lines. Remember that the fuel lines run at 40 or so lbs of pressure. Hose clamping anything on to them is not acceptable.

It certainly is unfortunate. The least he could have done was left me with a little more tubing to work with. Thanks for the tip on the Russell fittings. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think if I go that route I can leave the stock lower connectors by the flexible segments on my '90 and not have to cut them too.

Enjoy that 2015 when it arrives. IMO that's the best looking Mustang they've put out since '93.