Fuel line

I need to replace my fuel line on my car.
Currently it has a 3/8 rubber line :nono:

The car (see sig below)has a holley blue fuel pump mounted in front of the gas tank and has a holley 750 DP carb. I am running 7-8 lbs of fuel pressure.
What direction should I go?
size of line?
Stainless lines/SS braided lines??

Does anyone sell a pre formed stainless line that would fit my application?
Thanks,
Scott

• Sponsors (?)

You can get 68 CobraJet lines (3/8") in either standard or SS. With just a little modification, they will fit your 65. You can also get a new 3/8" pickup from NPD, or others. These lines run over to the dirver's side from the tank, up and over the axel, and then turn out and follow the frame rail (on outside) up to the engine compartment. You can install them in a couple of hours. I'm making similar power as you just using these lines and a hi-vol Holley mech. pump with no issues.

Yes, you can get pre-bents at 3/8" for 65/66 routing. But, using a 68 fuel line takes the line out of the trans tunnel. The gov't made Ford do that for safety reasons after '66. If you are going to put in new lines and don't care about concours, then the 68 lines are marginally safer.

I checked and only ordered 3/8 sender from NPD. I got the fuel lines from my local Scott Drake dealer. Don't have a part number. He said that he always uses 68 Cobra Jet lines and modifies them to fit 65/66 for safety reasons. I just asked him to order the lines he uses. I checked out one of his cars being built and made the same mods when adapting them to my car. Sorry I can't verify PN. If you like, I can give you the Scott Drake dealer telephone number and you can order from them.