Fuel Mileage

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't call it Great, but they still get descent highway mileage. It needs a deep OD gear like the 6sp LS1's had to get great mileage. They have 2 ODs and 6th is a .50
My last road trip, I got a hair over 26mpg. I've done as well as 27mpg.

Sorry, but 10% ethanol has no measurable effect on your mileage. I've done back to back tests of streight gasoline and then 10% ethanol and found no change. I even ran E20 for a while and noticed no drop in mileage. I noticed a slight drop while running E30, but the cost savings more than compensated for the slight loss in mileage.
I've seen many studies done on running E20 and E30 blends. Some cars actaully GAIN mileage on E20 and E30. Yes, Ethanol has less energy in it, but the theory is that the ethanol allows for a more complete burn. After all, it is oxygenated. On those cars that lost mileage on E20 and E30, it was still typically a 1-2% loss... and this is 2-3 times the amount of ethanol you have in E10.

Cost savings? What are the differences in price between 93 octane and E30 ethanol. Here in Florida there aren't any stations that I've found that sell any ethanol blends. The Gate Stations say "may contain up to 10% ethanol". Which is why I rarely fill up there, because there's no price difference. Is there a way to get 93 octane ethanol gas? If so, what are the upsides or downsides of running this in our engines?

I don't live near the station that had E30 anymore, but it was typically 15 cents cheaper than 87 octane... so that makes it about 35-45 cents cheaper than premium (only 91 here). I meant it was more cost effective to run E30 and take the slight mileage loss than run 87.

E30 should be at least 93-94 octane and E20 should be 91 octane. One benifit to ethanol, is that it will keep your fuel system and tank cleaner.

My 97GT always pinged badly on 87 if you were at higher rpms in high gears... like running out 3rd and it has done that since my dad bought it with less than 60k miles. I ran several tanks of E30 and of course the pinging went away from the higher octane. Now, I've been running 87 for the last several months and it still doesn't ping. :D Obviously, whatever the problem was, the ethanol helped to fix it... possibly a dirty fuel injector causing a lean condition. And believe me, we tried to fix the problem when the car was younger. Cleaning the MAF, fuel system treatments, ect. Now, with 151k miles, no more ping. ;)

Cost savings? What are the differences in price between 93 octane and E30 ethanol. Here in Florida there aren't any stations that I've found that sell any ethanol blends. The Gate Stations say "may contain up to 10% ethanol". Which is why I rarely fill up there, because there's no price difference. Is there a way to get 93 octane ethanol gas? If so, what are the upsides or downsides of running this in our engines?