Fuel Pressure Gauge Not Working

el_kid_1

Oct 30, 2003
Puerto Rico
I've had the Ultra Lite Fuel Pressure Gauge (No. 4463) for 6 months now and it is not working properly. It stopped working about 3 weeks ago. The pointer is not moving at all (it is stuck at 30 psi). There is fuel pressure in the system since I checked it with my scanner. I took off the gauge from the pod and everything looks normal. The voltage on the pressure sender unit is reading 5.02V. I found out that if I unplug the gauge and plug it back again with the engine running, the gauge will start reading fuel pressure again. However, when I shut the ignition off and start the car again, the gauge will not work at all. I'd have to do the whole process again for the gauge to work. What could be wrong? Should I send the gauge and the sender unit to AutoMeter for repair? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Call Autometer... their service is awesome. My wires melted from the sending unit because the a$$hat that installed it didn't wrap it in conduit. They sent me a new harness for free!

Sounds like a bad sending unit, the guage only tells you what voltage it sees... if it doesn't read anything, it's because it's getting the same voltage... so... sending unit... but call them, their support is awesome. I had a real person on the 2nd ring.