Fuel Pressure Question, Regulator Operation

Swarzkopf

Sep 23, 2004
Pittsburgh
Breaking this out from my other thread so it gets more views...

Let's assume that a Mustang has a stock fuel rail setup. Now, let's take the tube that connects the front of the two rails, and pinch it almost or completely shut. In this case, fuel would being fed to the passenger side bank. The front tube is being restricted and does NOT adequately provide fuel to the driver's side bank. Subsequently, fuel would not get to the return tube at the rear of the rails, and therefore fuel pressure would not increase while revving since the regulator could not increase pressure by reducing the return amount and forcing more fuel to stay in the rails.

Is this line of thinking correct?

Can anyone confirm that blocking the front feed tube would cause fuel pressure to remain constant (or slightly drop) as vacuum increases (RPMs increase)?

:SNSign: has been a big help in the other thread so far, so I'm looking forward to your replies.

Thanks,
-Shawn

• Sponsors (?)

Swarzkopf said:
Breaking this out from my other thread so it gets more views...

Let's assume that a Mustang has a stock fuel rail setup. Now, let's take the tube that connects the front of the two rails, and pinch it almost or completely shut. In this case, fuel would being fed to the passenger side bank. The front tube is being restricted and does NOT adequately provide fuel to the driver's side bank. Subsequently, fuel would not get to the return tube at the rear of the rails, and therefore fuel pressure would not increase while revving since the regulator could not increase pressure by reducing the return amount and forcing more fuel to stay in the rails.

Is this line of thinking correct?

Can anyone confirm that blocking the front feed tube would cause fuel pressure to remain constant (or slightly drop) as vacuum increases (RPMs increase)?

:SNSign: has been a big help in the other thread so far, so I'm looking forward to your replies.

Thanks,
-Shawn

duuh im confused but... id like to know what you come up with... seems like that makes sense though.
chris

Eh, I think you're missing the point...

I'm asking:

1. If you block the front fuel tube:
Will the fuel pressure regulator work normally?

2. If you block the front fuel tube:
Will the driver's side bank get fuel?

Swarzkopf said:

I'm asking:

:lol: i posted then reread what i wrote and thats why i changed it.... im wondering which way the fuel flows counterclockwise or clockwise? :shrug:

Swarzkopf said:

I'm asking:

i wish mine was together i would go pinch the line to find out??? im going to call a friend of mine and find out stay tuned.....

No offense man, please don't take this the wrong way as I do appreciate the help...

But I'm not looking for the normal trouble shooting stuff with this thread- we covered it all in the other one. I really am just hoping that someone can answer my question regarding fuel rail/fuel pressure regulator operation.

Thanks!
-Shawn