fuel pump is not turning on

jrockhall

Aug 28, 2003
I went to start my car and it just kept turning over and wouldn't fire up like it wasn't getting fuel or something so I had someone listen by the gas tank while I turned the key on and they said the fuel pump definitely isn't turning on. Now I could hear the fuel pump relay under my seat clicking on so does this mean that the fuel pump definitely went?? Is there anything else I should check before I drop my gas tank and replace the pump like I'm about to do in about an hour??? Btw, does anyone know of a good web site that shows exactly how to replace the pump. I have a chiltons but I just wanted another source. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

try giving the tank a swift kick with the key on and see if it comes on, If it does the pump is done. If it dont the pump is prolly done anyhow.

could also be your FP relay. jump the input and output and see if it works (or probe the output with key on when it should prime).
good luck.

1. Check intertia switch.

If that's not it, then:

2. Replace the relay w/your AC one (or buy a new one, return if not needed). Takes 20 seconds to put it in, worth the time.

If that's not it, then it's the pump.