Fuel Pump question SVT focus (maybe)

vertigasen

Apr 28, 2004
Falcon, CO
I posted on here a while back about my fuel pump going out. I got a replacement about 2 months ago, but I haven't been able to do anything with is since I had shoulder reconstruction surgery (not in a hurry since it is my right shoulder and I couldnt shift anyway). I am almost able to do the install, but now I have questions.

I purchased what I was told was a SVT Focus pump, but when I search for the part number, I have found other numbers other than what I have. I have searched my part number (3C5U-9350-AB) and all I have found is some crap about an 05 pump (but the manufacture date is 03) and some info saying it might be an Aviator pump. If it is an Aviator pump, what is the flow rate for these.

Can anyone tell me what pump this really is, and if it will work in my 03 GT. Green top, part number is listed above. Other side of the pump has the following numbers:

TR# 26041
02/26/03

Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

I guess that is why I ask, I just want to know what it is before it goes in my car. The retailer told me it is a SVT Focus one. I have found info saying it might be an Aviator.

I guess I could always call Ford and ask them, but every time I call their service dept, I am on hold for 2 hours.

I guess that is why I ask, I just want to know what it is before it goes in my car. The retailer told me it is a SVT Focus one. I have found info saying it might be an Aviator.

I guess I could always call Ford and ask them, but every time I call their service dept, I am on hold for 2 hours.

if it's an Aviator pump, you are in good shape. i believe they actually flow a little bit more than the SVTF pump.

A couple of years ago, according to Randy, the correct number for a SVT Focus fuel pump was 3S4Z-9H307-BC. Motorcraft part numbers changed since that time, I don't know if the Ford part numbers did.
:flag:

Perhaps you should call a different Ford source. :shrug:

Sooo.......

I talked to 3 different ford dealerships yesterday to try to find out what pump this really is. According to them, the number printed on the side 3C5U-9350-AB is an engineering number and not a part number. It can be cross referenced to the actual part number (4th letter is a Z) but they said it would take too long.

They did confirm that the SVTF and Avaitor pumps have green tops. If anyone has the ability to convert this from this number to the actual part number, thanks.

That is a SVTF pump, it should be plug and play and you shouldn't need a tune.

Yeah it is plug and play, but without a tune the ecu will still send the same pulse with voltage to the focus pump and the focus pump at the same pulse voltage as a stock pump will send a huge amount of more fuel to your engine, causing it to not have the correct timeing/spark so you will just be flooding the engine. Yes the harnesses match but its not going to work on a stock ecu unit. I removed my supercharger and kept it installed and threw my original tune back on and it just flooded the engine, so i threw the 42's back in with my supercharger tune and wala it works perfectly, or i could have swapped pumps back to stock, which i was going to do, but i had a full tank of gas. Its getting replaced with dual cobra pumps anyways.