Fuel Pump Question

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by traewolfe, Nov 14, 2012.

1. I believe I have a stock fuel pump that needs to be replaced. I hear a lot about the 255lph's. I am shooting for like 300-350 hp range. Would a 190 lph be enough? What are the thoughts here!
  2. 190 will be fine if you never plan to run boost or a Fuel Management Unit.
  3. Sorry for my ignorance, but what does a fuel management unit entail?
  4. It is a piece of equipment that ramps up fuel for boosted apps. 190lph Walbro pumps that are NOT high pressure tend to externally bypass at 60 psi. For a normally aspirated application, this isn't a problem.
  5. I always just throw in a 255lph because it's only $10 more.

6. ^^And often for less.
  7. Where...the one's I've seen are like $50 more?
  8. Don't skimp here, go 255 or 340. I put a 190 in mine then went with a Vortech S-Trim supercharger and had lean issues. A Vortech 155 inline pump was required and was fine after this. Bigger is better here.
  9. I guess it depends on what brands you are looking for. I only use Motorsport or Walbro pumps. It's about a $10 difference on Summit.

10. Im with vibrant bigger is better
  11. You want both a high volume and high pressure unit. I would suggest you get a Walbro GSS340 255 lph fuel pump. Buy one with the install kit rather than reusing the hoses, clamps and other small parts. $100 is the bench mark pump and kit price.