Fuel Sump?

tjh566

May 22, 2004
Northern Va
Haven't been on here in awhile.. finally starting to get back to a point where I can work on my car again.

So here's the question.. Do I really need a fuel sump? Or can I just use one of these nice pickups like this one: Glenn's Performance

My reasons for this is because first off I have a fuel problem now, I think one of my pumps failed so every time I hit boost my car just falls on its face hard and my future plans are 1000hp+.

So I'm Just planning on scrapping my 2 pump setup here and get a nice big in-line fuel pump and upgrade to a -10an feed line and a -6an return.

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

lol, why would you even think that, If im mechanical able enough to custom fit an eaton and self tune my car, I wouldn't be dumb enough to think that eaton could do it.

going 351 swap and turbo

lol, why would you even think that, If im mechanical able enough to custom fit an eaton and self tune my car, I wouldn't be dumb enough to think that eaton could do it.

going 351 swap and turbo

Ok, just checking. I had a friend who just set up a Pro Turbo kit with one of those pickups. He's running a big Aeromotive pump on it.

Kurt

the reason I ask is the pump i'm looking at says it requires a sump I just want to be sure ill be ok and don't have to run around with a 1/2 tank minimum, I mean ill never let it go below a 1/4 tank i just don't wanna have to worry about it.

Rear Sump

the reason I ask is the pump i'm looking at says it requires a sump I just want to be sure ill be ok and don't have to run around with a 1/2 tank minimum, I mean ill never let it go below a 1/4 tank i just don't wanna have to worry about it.

I have one of Glenn's kits with a rear sumped tank and I have had no issues below 1/4 tank. The only negative for me is the sump is pretty big and sits kind of low. I know the sleeper tanks are supposed to do pretty good too.

Good Luck.