Fuel tank

hutcccch

Mar 29, 2006
I can't even fill my tank up before the gas pump shuts off , it acts like its over flowing but i was on E and i put in 8 gallons and it wouldnt let me put in anymore. Whats the deal?

• Sponsors (?)

from what i understand the 05 and 06's had a tsb for that. my 07 did it. i took it to the dealer ship and they had to replace the tank. i guess that it was common because they had some in stock. the job was done in a day. good luck

My '07 GT has a fuel fill problem. Is there a TSB on that?

The latest TSB that I know about for this issue is TSB 06-3-13 for the 2005-2006 models. This says in part, " On 2005 Mustang vehicles built on or after 4/26/2005 and 2006 model year vehicles were built with the revised design fuel tank. As a result, replacing the fuel tank on these vehicles will not change the occurrence of automatic fuel fill shut off. Occurrences of premature shut-off may be resolved or improved by using a different filling station fuel pump. Unauthorized modifications and/or alterations to the vehicle are not reimbursable under warranty and are not recommended for this issue."

I would sure like to have the problem fixed on my car!

mine does something wierd too. if the engine is running and i try to fill it will only put 2 or 3 gallons in then gas comes pouring out the side of it. funny but it doesnt do that if i just fill it with the engine off like you're supposed to.