Full Sized Spare With The Gt Performance Package.

Rhinofly

Feb 18, 2015
I have a GT with the performance package and it has that lame air pump instead of a real spare. I was thinking of getting an after market 19x9 wheel (same size as the fronts) and putting it in as a spare. Does anyone know if the performance pack stock size front wheel and tire will fit in the spare wheel well? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I highly doubt a full size spare will fit in the well.. The factory optional spare is not a full size and the space was only designed for that emergency spare tire. If you are willing to remove or modify the rear carpeting then you won't have any issues. I also find it kind of odd that there is no spare tire factory equipped in my car

It is becoming the norm for new cars to have no spare or an optional spare. I think even some cars don't have a tire well in the trunk. They say it's to reduce weight.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I highly doubt a full size spare will fit in the well.. The factory optional spare is not a full size and the space was only designed for that emergency spare tire. If you are willing to remove or modify the rear carpeting then you won't have any issues. I also find it kind of odd that there is no spare tire factory equipped in my car

Good advice. I measured and a 19" with correct tire size will not fit.

I too am putting full size 19 inch OEM wheel in my 2015 GT spare wheel compartment....The wheel/ tire diameter (about 27 inches) will fit but the wheel /tire width is about 9 or 9.5 inches.. The spare tire compartment is only 6 inches ,deep. So.....the tire/wheel will stick up 3 inches above trunk floor. The square rug that covers the spare wheel well will just be raised up 3 inches/ not a problem.
Don't forget to buy a Mustang scissor jack kit and lug wrench !