full throttle

_MATiC

Sep 24, 2003
El Paso, TX
ok, first of all, my mustang is a aode with only a cold air intake. i've noticed that whenever i first put my car in drive and push the gas, there's some hesitation in it going. i've also noticed it does this when i'm already moving and i floor it, it seems to choke before it down shifts and picks up speed. i dont know if this could be a fuel problem (never had the fuel injectors flushed nor fuel pump replaced) or if it could be something w. my throttle body..any suggestions would be appreciated...

• Sponsors (?)

How many miles are on your stang? It may need a simple tuneup if it hasn't been done in a while (cap, rotor, plus, wires, fuel filter, pcv valve). It also has a little bit to do with the AODE slush box. I had the same problem that you had when I only had a few boltons. After a tuneup, the converter and a shift kit, the problem is pretty much elminated.

my money is on the slush box as well, i had the same problem with mine prior to the lentech unit. try flushing the tranny and putting in fresh fluid and a filter, if the problem continues it could be a sign the clutches and bands are starting wear down.
those are the sign signs mine showed a couple of months before OD crapped out.

its normal for the aode to have a slight hesitation though.