FUN: iPhone Dyno

• Sponsors (?)

Anybody but me having a hard time believing this?

How's it gonna get horsepower rating without being connected somehow to the car?

You might be able to get some very rough time data based on the GPS functionality. However I doubt their .08 second accuracy, since the GPS on the iPhone got slammed in all the reviews I read, for it's relative inaccuracy.

For the record, I just ordered three of the dumb things for my family. Me, I'm getting an AT&T tilt. I've got a good MP3 player (80g Zune), I need a good PDA/phone combo. I had an iPhone on order, and cancelled it after I read more about it. Probably a good device for the teenager, or casual user, and I LOVE the UI, but I need more from my phone if I'm going to be able to stop carrying a PDA and a cell.

I'm not believing the hype on the dyno app.

Looks like fun regardless, same concept as the Gtech meters - given an accurate entered vehicle weight, accurate accelerometer and a flat road it ought to be extremely close.

Not a bad price for some cheap fun if you've already got the iPhone. If someone gets to post up some results before I have a chance to mess with it let me know... looks like fun! :)

Wes