Fun to drive car less than 10,000 ?

sunil6784

Mar 31, 2005
Boston, MA
Whats up guys,,

I'm looking to get a car thats decent on gas for less than 10,000$. Any suggestions ? I'm looking for a:

decent on gas car
good in the snow
fun to drive

Help me out... I love to drive, but i hate to drive boring cars...

• Sponsors (?)

Whats up guys,,

I'm looking to get a car thats decent on gas for less than 10,000$. Any suggestions ? I'm looking for a:

decent on gas car
good in the snow
fun to drive

Help me out... I love to drive, but i hate to drive boring cars...

Used VW or Audi...both good on gas, the Audi's are a bit better in the snow, but the VW is still decent...and you can get one with decent mileage under $10k:nice:

I think for my second car I will get a Accord EX 5-speed.
- quick enough to get out of its own way.
- Mid sized ( I get nervous in small tinny compact cars):eek:
- honda reliability
- apparently easy to repair according to some of my friends
- good on gas
- has parts to make it quicker*

* WARNING: Do not rice it out! (i.e. fart can muffler, euros, wings, ect...)

Again, don't make it rice!:nono:

P.S. don't go looking for races either.

Nissan Maxima

A 2000 or newer Nissan Maxima

Quiet, comfortable, 220hp 3L V6. I get about 25mpg on the highway and around 20mpg in town. I've never had an issue in any of our Wisconsin winters and heated seats FTW.

Aside from my Mustangs, it's the best car I have ever owned.

Wow i could do a lot with 10k....i got my Merkur for $550. I don't know how well it's gonna be in the snow without snow tires, but so far so good.

I will caution you about VW's and Audi's though. You may get one for less than 10k but remember that repairs are a lot pricier, and don't get me started on the WRX. Anything Suburu should have $$$ attached to the back of the name. They're awesome cars but when they break, they get expensive.

A 2000 or newer Nissan Maxima

Quiet, comfortable, 220hp 3L V6. I get about 25mpg on the highway and around 20mpg in town. I've never had an issue in any of our Wisconsin winters and heated seats FTW.

Aside from my Mustangs, it's the best car I have ever owned.

I was thinking about these... How's the reliability? I've heard Nissan's had some reliability issues with those cars, especially the ones closer to 2000.