Fun with emblems...

How hard would it be to put a 5.0 engine into a 2002 V6 Mustang? I was just wondering because today I saw a red 2002 Mustang Coupe V6 with 5.0 emblems. The 5.0 emblems were under the pony emblems on the front fenders. I knew it was totally fake when the owner gunned the engine and it sounded like he actually had installed a import "Fart Cannon" on it. Not the throaty, low mean gurgle that I have heard on most 5.0's.

To most people who know a little about Mustangs, we obviously call BS. But to people who have no clue about Mustangs...they just ooo and aaahhh....."look a 5.0!....oooooooh!

Just thought I would share this....people who slap on fake emblems....make me giggle.:D

Back to the 5.0 in a 99+ V6......that's gotta be a lot of work though. Worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

If this is any consolation, Saleen offered the S351 in 1999 and I believe they used base model Mustangs. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to swap out the K-member either.

Alot of work? Definitely. Worth it? Totally. Unless you would rather have the real thing for collector and resale value.

It's been thought about and done numerous times. It seems like it would be more work than it's worth. It would be easier to get a V8 and put V6 emblems and bumper on it. There are numerous write-ups on what is needed to make the switchover.

Personally, if I re-engine a car, it's going to be to build an RS8 (A Ford Focus with a worked 302). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XyjBbn88hM
That would be bad-ass!

If your going to do a major swap beyond, I would find a good 94-98 car just because you could find one for real cheap. A newer car you might as well sell it.

I thought about getting an 94-98 V6 to strip down and turn into a strictly race car, but if your going to just want basically a factory 5.0...might as well buy a real GT or Cobra model, or LX if it's a Fox. Can it be done yes....money wise it's not always the most understandable.