Funny '05 Story

uthatch

Founding Member
Dec 17, 2001
Studio City, CA
I just posted this over at Brad's site, but I'm here a lot too so I thought you guys might be interested.
I know everyone will probably flame me, but this is a true story. Any questions, I'll give you the dealer name and let you call them to ask. Anyway, my best friend ordered a Mineral Gray GT (I have a Windveil Blue GT on order) and it came in. He was way excited of course, but he has one small problem. He never gave a deposit and they never made an actual deal. No big deal, he thought, he has bought a lot of vehicles off the dealer and figured they would treat him right...wrong. First, the dealer never called to say it arrived. Next once he got to the dealer, the salesman told him $5000 over sticker!!!

HERE'S WHERE IT GETS GOOD. Once the salesman told him the price, my friend told him he's nuts (in so many words), but the salesman was kind enough to offer to let him drive it. Never one to pass up an opportunity, he said sure. So they took the car down the road. They drove about a mile and all of a sudden the car quits running. It came back on momentarily and ran for a short time, just long enough for him to get the car in a restaurant parking lot! He had to have someone come pick them up. Unbelievable.

Anyway, he did not buy the car. He says he waiting for a vert now.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea.....
Then there are Ford salesmen who never know whats going on in the real world.
Did the car really die on him, i hope thats not something to have to be worried about on other ones now and down the road.
funny story though

Very similar thing happened to a buddy of mine who bought a Wrangler. Dealer gave him all kinds of hassle when he traded in his well-cared-for BMW 3 well under it's trade-in value, and the day after he bought the Jeep, it wouldn't run more than 10 feet. He took back the BMW. Wise choice.

-Chris

I wonder if the people at the dealership forgot to reset the ecu in the car. My friend worked at the BMW dealership a year ago, and he was telling me how they have to reset the car's ecu and get it off "sleep" mode which is used to transport the vehicles to the dealerships. Supposedly when it is on you can only drive it for a little while before it shuts off to keep people from stealing them while in transit. The shop foreman was reseting the ecu on one of the new 7 series BMW's when i was there so he could go take it for a test drive. Just my 2 cents though