Funny story from the Knotts show Saturday Cruise

gp001

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2001
So. Cal.
On Saturday there was a cruise with a bunch of classics guys. There were some really nice cars there. One of the nicest was R100RT's twin turbo. I forget how much power he's puttin down, but it's alot more than my car. At one point we get stopped at a light side by side. I didn't think much of it since we were on a cruise and usually you try to behave. Then his daughter looks over at me and says "are you ready for this?". I'm thinking we're just gonna accelerate hard through 1st maybe for a little show. So the light goes green and I take off. I go to shift 2nd and notice he is way back there. Later we get to a stop point and he comes over to me and says "I told my daughter, if you're gonna talk smack to someone you should let the driver know". His daughter replied "2 cars, open road ahead, I thought it was a no brainer".

My buddy and I laughed about it all the way home.

• Sponsors (?)

gp001 said:
On Saturday there was a cruise with a bunch of classics guys. There were some really nice cars there. One of the nicest was R100RT's twin turbo. I forget how much power he's puttin down, but it's alot more than my car. At one point we get stopped at a light side by side. I didn't think much of it since we were on a cruise and usually you try to behave. Then his daughter looks over at me and says "are you ready for this?". I'm thinking we're just gonna accelerate hard through 1st maybe for a little show. So the light goes green and I take off. I go to shift 2nd and notice he is way back there. Later we get to a stop point and he comes over to me and says "I told my daughter, if you're gonna talk smack to someone you should let the driver know". His daughter replied "2 cars, open road ahead, I thought it was a no brainer".

If I were her, I would have said "Are you deaf? We were in the SAME car, you couldn't hear me?"

BTW, can I come see you car while I'm at Pendleton? :D

gp001 said:

So, now which driver got :owned: in this? :scratch: