Fusion key, is it possible to....

Apparently from what I have heard the 2008+ GT500's come with this style key, I've heard that they definately work on 2007+ GT's however I'ver heard mixed stories of whether they will work on a 2006 GT and haven't heard them working at all on the 2005 GT's. Don't know if this helps at all.

Thanks,
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

MATTY,

can you tell me certain details on how the 08 GT500's key worked or didn't work on the 06 GT? I am really curious to here if it is just where someone add an extra feature to their 06GT or not.

I did a little more research and unfortunately it doesn't work on the '06 GT, I spoke to someone that I know who tried it and who I thought said it had worked but I guess I was mistaken, it only works on the '07+ which is a shame as I have an '06 as well.

Sorry,

Matt

Yes you can, 2007s+ Mustangs are able to use the Fusion key. I bought mine off of Ebay for $40, got a steal, and had it cut at Ford for like $6. Programmed it myself.

5198-15351-218441.jpg

I wouldn't go to the ACE around here for anything. I only went to Ford because it was cheap insurance. I knew if they damaged the key or it didn't work, they'd be giving me a brand new Fusion key out of the box.

Got my fusion key last friday and went to have it cut then programmed...works just fine. Very simple to program, like mentioned it's in the owners manual. I still have to program my keyless keypad though since I lost the 'factory" code. :rolleyes:

Where do you have your keypad located? I've been tossing around the idea of mounting mine behind my mirrors and cutting out holes in the plastic for the buttons to come through with a dremel. I think it'd be pretty awesome !!

Where do you have your keypad located? I've been tossing around the idea of mounting mine behind my mirrors and cutting out holes in the plastic for the buttons to come through with a dremel. I think it'd be pretty awesome !!

Put it on the wiper cowl, easy to get too and kinda low profile. My wifes fusion doesn't have an area to install it like I do, so i'm going to paint it body color and just stick it on the door. I seen a pic of one her color and it really didn't look bad at all. I think there was also a guy on here that installed it inside his fuel tank door.

100_2029.jpg

100_2028.jpg

100_2030.jpg