Future Upgrades... H/C/I.. Supercharger..??

• Sponsors (?)

You will be fine with the stock block and a supercharger. As said above 500 rwhp seems to be about the limit for the stock block. If you keep it around 450 rwhp you will be fine.

The thing with the H/C/I is that one day if you supercharge it with the H/C/I you will be able to make the same amount of power as you did with just the supercharger but it will take less boost to make the power. With stock H/C/I it might take 12 psi to make 450 hp. The same motor with aftermarket H/C/I will make the same 450 hp but probably do it with 6 or 7 psi. If the motor is flowing air better then it wont take as much boost to make the power. Less boost = less blown headgaskets and such usually. Plus as mentioned above a nice H/C/I combo are gonna give the car that growl when you start it, and that awesome lopey idle that turns heads when your out and about. The H/C/I with supercharger is the best of both worlds. If you want to make the most power right now though I agree the supercharger is gonna be your best bet. Good luck.

The H/C/I with supercharger is the best of both worlds. If you want to make the most power right now though I agree the supercharger is gonna be your best bet. Good luck.

This is true, but that is expensive. Almost 5k just for the parts. A brand new s-trim is around $2300, and a TFS h/c/i package is another $2200. Be prepared to spend a lot to get both. Otherwise, maybe an explorer intake, gt40 heads, and a cam would give you some snarl, at a much cheaper price, and you probably wouldn't have to be above 10psi on the blower.

oK GUYS
Thanks for all your replies. I dont know if my block has forged pistons? Its a rebuilt stock long block from Promar Engines.

I definetly am interested in the TFS stage 1 cam but for the money bc im on a budget what is my best bet for heads and intake?

Honestly,

I want to spend the little amount of money on the HCI combo as I can but still get a good amount of horsepower out of it.

I dont want like AFR's or anything. used is fine. but i will buy cam brand new.
TFS Stage 1 cam is very good cam correct?

Hows TFS Street Intake vs GT40 vs Edelbrock Preformers or others?

Hows Edelbrock preformers or rpm's vs gt40(p) heads and others?

Thanks for making my point. A used S-Trim for $1700, $300 for used injectors and mass air meter, $100 for a 255 in tank pump, and any 5.0 can put down 330-370rwhp, stock pullied. Oh, and I still got 25mpg on the interstate. Lets see, cheaper, and faster!

Blower > H/C/I

That is if you like used parts. You can get used h/c/i kits, or piece it together as well.

You will not make 370rwhp with 8lbs of boost.

A well put together h/c/i will beat a Strim car.

I get 24mpg (some city) untuned. H/C/I.

That is if you like used parts. You can get used h/c/i kits, or piece it together as well.

You will not make 370rwhp with 8lbs of boost.

A well put together h/c/i will beat a Strim car.

I get 24mpg (some city) untuned. H/C/I.

I want to spend the little amount of money on the HCI combo as I can but still get a good amount of horsepower out of it.

bump please