FWA install.

uNdErCoVeR

Sep 23, 2007
sacramento
Instructions arent too detailed and have no pics So I'm not too sure how to do this. Its FRPP fwa and the cable is bbk. Do I have to disconnect the cable form the fork and the quad? Anyone maybe know of a more detailed instruction page I can check out?

• Sponsors (?)

the instructions i got for mine sucked too (UPR). just so you know, i think you also need to run an aftermarket quadrant with a fwa. also, i would personally stay away from adjustable cables and stick w/ the stock cable or equivalent (i'm running the Maximum Motosports OEM replacement cable, non adjustable)

once i installed the quadrant, this is what i did to get the fwa in there:

disconnect the cable at the clutch fork & quadrant (both ends)
unscrew the old firewall piece and remove it
route the cable through new the fwa and through the firewall
screw the new fwa to the firewall
connect cable to quadrant
connect other end of the cable to the fork
adjust.

i think the way it works, if i can remember correctly, is if you screw the fwa in to towards the firewall, you give more slack to the pedal.

oppositely, if you screw it out and away from the firewall, you give more slack to the fork.

from what i understand, you want to have a wee bit of play in the pedal, and have the clutch engage midway through when pressing the pedal.

really not that bad at all.. good luck.

I installed my Foire FWA and quad a few weeks ago.

Basically, get under the car and take the little cover off the bell housing and pop the cable off the fork. Then go under the dash (take the drivers seat out) and take the cable off the quadrant. I would recommend installing a new quadrant too, I changed mine because the stock on it plastic and mine broke. All you do to change the quad is pull the two cotter pins out and slide the two pieces off, then slide the new one on both metal rods you pulled the pins from, then put the spacers right, and put the pins back on.

For the FWA, there is one screw on the FW where the cable goes through, take that off and pull the cable through so its all out of the cabin. Then line up the hole that was already drilled for the screw you just removed for the stock crap ,and thread it, then line up the second hole, drill it, thread it, and repeat for al the other mounting holes.

Once you are done, cut the big rubber part off the cable and the part that goes around it, put the FWA together, then put the cable through it, hook every thing up, then set it how you want it.

Sorry I didnt mention, But with the bbk cable I have a new aluminum quadrant. The Grip one that comes with bbk just sucks tho and doesnt hold the cable, But when i got my new clutch put in at clutch mart they had a extra one laying around with longer hooks so they put it in.

You have to tighten the FWA up before the quad will grab the cable. Mine was so loose, I had to get someone to hold the cable in the quad while I tightened it. It would fall out.

yup thats what we did. I dont know much how it works.. but on my clutch the fingers are real flat and the adjustable cable is as far as it would go, and still a little slack so it wont engage all the way and I have to force iot in gear somtimes.. I am hoping that the FWA will solve this..?

The grommet (rubber donut) comes off the cable. I think I used a razor blade to nip 3 little plastic tangs off (they captured the grommet).

In case it helps, here's a fox article that could be useful.

OT

Thanks for reccomending the Fiore stuff a while back. Glad I got it before they stopped making them. I love the parts.

Glad to hear it's working well. :nice:

Tangent for searchers: As I recall, Lethal Performance is selling the FWA/Quadrant. Fiore's machinist has the rights to the those and began making them again. :nice: