Roush FYI - 00 Series II Dyno #'s

Mstng2

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2002
- - Zion - -
4.6 Saleen Series II Supercharger, 66mm Chicane Pulley, RIPP Kit,
Shorty Headers, Saleen Tune, Focus Fuel Pump, Auto Trans.

283.0 HP@4700 RPM (329.6 HP Altitude Corrected)
359.8 torque@3350 RPM (383.88 TQ Altitude Corrected)

My Question... Is this AVG. or Low?? Oh PS this was on a Mustang Dyno, I've been told they read low...

• Sponsors (?)

Mstng2 said:
4.6 Saleen Series II Supercharger, 66mm Chicane Pulley, RIPP Kit,
Shorty Headers, Saleen Tune, Focus Fuel Pump, Auto Trans.

283.0 HP@4700 RPM (329.6 HP Altitude Corrected)
359.8 torque@3350 RPM (383.88 TQ Altitude Corrected)

My Question... Is this AVG. or Low?? Oh PS this was on a Mustang Dyno, I've been told they read low...

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't notice the altitude corrected numbers when I first read it. Agree with 2000xp8...sounds about right.

I don't think it sounds too far off. The auto trans soaks up alot of power, and if you go by the corrected numbers, and the fact that it's a mustang dyno, that would put the numbers on a dyno jet with 5 speed trans, significantly higher.
Custom tune would probably help too.

low numbers

I would not worry about in in a street or drag race that automatic is better because you do not lose boost between shifts. I have gn friends that dyno low but beat everyone on the street or track. Numbers are numbers get a good convertor gears and slicks and enjoy it.

Mstng2, I know I asked you this before but what king of RPMs are you at at 80 with those gears and how are you shifts between 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd in the Auto?? Do you have a shift kit?? What size tires are you running in the rear!

I had the 10lb pulley on mine, full exhaust, 42lbers, PRO M MAF, 75mm throttle body, and diablo chip. Put down 360rwhp and 389 lbs of torque, but that was on a 13:1 AF too...YIKES!!!!!

gonen20 said:
Mstng2, I know I asked you this before but what king of RPMs are you at at 80 with those gears and how are you shifts between 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd in the Auto?? Do you have a shift kit?? What size tires are you running in the rear!

80 MPH in OD is about 2300 RPM. On Road trips I avg about 90 MPH at 3000 RPM and get 19-20 MPG.
I had Saleen do the flash for the 3:73 Gear Ratio, (no shift kit) and it works well, if you let the trans do the shifting. If you manually drop it to low and go WOT your mental tendancy is to let it rev too high before shifting, then it revs so fast with the Supercharger, you hit second but the motor hits the limiter before the trans will hit 2nd. 2nd to 3rd is no problem at all.
I love the 3:73's, flat out love em. For Tires I am running 285/35/18's rear and 265/35/18 front. (Falken's) They hook up withing the first 10 feet on good clean pavement. If you ran 285/35/18 BFG Streets you'd hook solid. <grin> :nice:

Saleen01-677 said:
i put down 343/367 with a cai, pulley, x pipe, tb. Ported the blower, added shorties, and got 400rwhp or so now

Did you dyno your car after the porting? There are not that many saleen blowers which make in the 400 rwhp range without heavy modification...
Somehow these eaton blowers, what ever power they make, make the car feel so heavy. When I switched mine to KB, I was driving a different car. Felt like it lost 1000 pounds and just want to scream ! :)

oh yeah, the big downfall with the m90 setup is the intercooler and the reservoir. For the intercooler, we welded some tabs to cover the enormous gaps which let uncooled air through. One of those gaps is right over the air temp sensor which makes the computer pull gobs of timing b/c its reading a temp for that 1 particular spot, not the temp as a whole. The reservoir could be ALOT bigger too. Atleast saleen got it right with the dual fans and heat exchanger, it is twice hte size of the cobra stuff, and the cobras dont have fans.

I think someone who left the stock pulley on for 6psi, and then ported the blower, did the intercooler fix, and reservoir swap would see a huge gain in performance and it would keep the temps way down since the blower wouldnt have to work super hard to move that air. Would be alot safer then a pulley swap as well, probably make more power.

yup dont doubt the m90 with a touch of magnum powers porting and s4 intake and a good tune. These things can make some torque. I had a buddy run 12.2 and 12.1 with a automatic car and i think he dynoed at 340hp to the wheels.