FYI...wheel and tire fitment...

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by allcarfan, Dec 9, 2003.

1. As some of you all read in a previous post, I bought a set of 17x8" bullet wheels for my 66 mustang. I bought them with 5.5" backspacing. I then ordered a 3/4" custom wheel adapter.

I KNOW that a 225/45/17 wheel/tire will fit in the front, but I was a little worried about the 245/45/17 nitto drag radials in the rear.

Well, I got my wheel spacers today and loosely bolted everything together. The nitto drag radials in the rear didnt rub the fender lips...and they are not rolled. The ONLY modification i have to my rear suspension are 1" lowering blocks. I have stock, worn out, 4 leaf leafsprings that I am replacing. The tires would probably rub cornering and going over a bumpy road...but I dont know.

I have to buy some new lugs because my old ones dont fit the new studs in the adapters. I will take pics and give some install tips tomorrow once i have all the parts!
    Shane

2. nitto drs of one size are smaller than regular tires of the same size from different brands. or this is what ive heard from others.