G-Tech Pro....

• Sponsors (?)

I like mine, very accurate and is worth it's weight in gold when it comes to testing and tuning. I also have the old G-tech Pro but it's not as accurate as the new G-tech RR and has very few features.

I have an older one from maybe 99-00 just dose 0-60, 1/8, and 1/4. It does hp and something else but ive never used those. I love it and its right time wise but the trap speed is 6 mph high. I bought it from a friend for $50 and he said he took it to the track a checked to see how accurate it was dead on.

Ive been looking a getting a newer one so I can practice my 60fts.

Friend of mine had one in the early-mid 90's and it was a piece of crap. Recently, I have been curious if they have improved and it seems from you all's experience they have. I'll have to look into em'. I always liked the concept.

I have one of the older gtech pro's the "crappy" ones, and while it's not dead accurate for a test and tuning device it is great. You just have to realize it is NOT the same as a track. IT will give you an idea if a new shift style is helping if a new launch style is helping if a new part is helping, it is not what I would suggest for a dead on postable time though.

my brother has one. when we put it on my Mustang, it was .2 seconds slower than my actual track time in the 1/8 but that was probably due to the top being down. if the top were up, it would have been very close.

BurningRubber said:
Dont get me wrong, cause id like to have one, but... For the price you pay to get it, you can go to the track many many many times and get dead accurate times.

For $200.00 that would be 2 trips to the track for me, and too long in Houston traffic for me.

Thanks for the replys and info guys. I think it will be on my x-mas list this year, my wife says Ive been a good boy..:D

How about the HP and TQ#'s, how close are they?

Outlaw97GT said:
For $200.00 that would be 2 trips to the track for me, and too long in Houston traffic for me.

Thanks for the replys and info guys. I think it will be on my x-mas list this year, my wife says Ive been a good boy..:D

How about the HP and TQ#'s, how close are they?
Hp & torque numbers won't be the same as a dyno as there are too many variables but the numbers will be consistant if used on the same vehicle for testing.

I have the Beltronics version (they make radar detectors). It does everything 0-60, 60ft, 330 ft, 1/8, 1/4, braking, g force, lateral g, HP, TQ, keeps track of your best runs etc. It works pretty well. I have used it a few times when it was cold out, so the results were probably about right.

The results for 0-60 for me were from 6.1s - 5.6s mostly spinning the whole way (like I said, it was cold out). My 60ft times have been beteen 2.4 - 2.0. So, FWIW.

The device cost me $100. I would recommend it.

Matt :)