Gangster lean

92notch50

Nov 8, 2004
Chico, Ca
I just had a question, and maybe my car is the only one that has this, but on the drivers seat, it leans to the right, making me drive like a "homie" I have heard that you can get kits to fix this, but I havent had any luck finding it. Any one have an idea? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh: My buddies 90 notch does that. He ended up switching his passenger seat over to the driver side. He looked into it and you would have to pull apart the seat and do some welding. I would suggest just pulling a set of GT seats out of a wreck, thats what I did :nice:

You need to have the internal seat frame re-welded, I think. Mine doesn't do it yet, but I think it's well on its way. You should be able to strip the upholstery and padding and see where it's broken.

Ash

lol I thought you were talking about a lean condition in the engine. The first second or two I was like WTF then bust out laughing.

I have a seat for sale in good cond. That is if you want it shipped...

I had a friend back in the day that had a 93 LX and he was about 260lbs and you should have seen his drivers seat, it was like sideways, one day i bent it back and he got in the car and it went right back the way it was. My GT is just starting to do it, but not to bad, I'm only 160lbs so not to much stress on the seat back. Just think people think Fox body guys drive with a lean to be cool, little do they know we don't have a choice :rolleyes:

50 4 Fun said:
I had a friend back in the day that had a 93 LX and he was about 260lbs and you should have seen his drivers seat, it was like sideways, one day i bent it back and he got in the car and it went right back the way it was. My GT is just starting to do it, but not to bad, I'm only 160lbs so not to much stress on the seat back. Just think people think Fox body guys drive with a lean to be cool, little do they know we don't have a choice :rolleyes:

lol gangsta lean--like everyone said, you gotta reweld part of the frame and strengthen it up .

Thanks all, I am not the fat one that owns the car, it was the previous 2 owners and when i bought it, i watched him get into the car and i could tell why the seat did that, he just kind of...dive bombed into the seat. no wonder its broken. But thanks alot, I will probably pull it apart and see how hard it is to weld it up but i think its about time for a better set, the cloth is all fubar-ed

92notch50 said:
Thanks all, I am not the fat one that owns the car, it was the previous 2 owners and when i bought it, i watched him get into the car and i could tell why the seat did that, he just kind of...dive bombed into the seat. no wonder its broken. But thanks alot, I will probably pull it apart and see how hard it is to weld it up but i think its about time for a better set, the cloth is all fubar-ed
:rlaugh: divebombed.... i dont know why but i found that hilarious