gas light

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
did 93 LX's come with a gas light?
I am only hitting about 250-260 miles before I get to the red line on the guage, but I have never seen a fuel light come on. that is only like 17mpg and I know that this car can do better than that. how far can the needle swing below the red line on the bottom of the guage before the car just quits? I keep wanting to try, but I punk out every time.

• Sponsors (?)

There is no fuel light on a 93. I really can't tell you how low you can go because I don't like to walk. If your putting in 10 gallons on a fill up that should still give you a good average mpg.

That is like so cool:nice: That is exactly when I fill mine. Usually 10 gallons and trip odo shows 220. Never pushed to the 250, but if only putting in 10 gallons that leaves some room to go still. If I could ever keep my foot out of it, I would get better mpg.

Bloody hell! Dude, you have got to give a full list of mods on that thing! How'd you manage to pull 40 highway mpg?

But yeah, I'm quite sure there is no fuel light... I once pulled 315 miles on one trip and tanked up 13.7 gallons out of a 13.5 gallon tank...

But I got that milage without overdrive, my car only shifts up to 3rd...

I thought we had a 15 gallon tank?

I def need to see Shinlee's mods. I put a CAI on mine and actually lost mileage, but I think that was a direct result of my foot.

Biffmeistro said:
We do? Huh... I thought it was 13.5 Righto.. But still, I got 315 miles highway out of 13.7 gallons used for a milage of 23 mpg

I need to fix my tranny...

I was under the assumption it was a 15 gallon tank. I could and probably am wrong. was just curious.

I have an '88 but clearly remember reading some specs saying the tank is 15.6, I'll have to look around and confirm.

Anyways, I just recently removed my cats and got about 3 mpg and get about 24 mpg now. I have a long all city driving commute and an A4LD.

My fuel guage doesn't work and I don't feel like spending $80 on a new sending unit so I drive around 250 miles and fill up and it takes around 10 gallons. Knowing my mileage I would like to make sure it is a 15 gallon tank in case I ever need to push it, let me see if I can find specs to post but if anyone else is in the know beforehand, please share.

I guess I should be happy with 270-300 driving in town and 12-12.5 gallons per fill-up. When it dropped down from 300 to 270 the first time I figured I was due for a tune up or something. Never touched the car and the next tank was right back up there. Judging by this thread, I need to quit whining. :D :D

where is nokomis fl?
:shrug:

Yeah...what he said. :D