Gas may be headed back near $2

• Sponsors (?)

Because compare the current president to the other candidates. Not to start a political war, but he was the better choice.

It's like, do I want to eat the poop in my left hand or in my right hand. Neither one is appealing but you're going to pick the less of the two.

stangGT97 said:
The BP station down the street is charging 2.47 for 87 :banana:
does anyone else see the problem with this statement and the enthusiasm that comes with it?

no way in hell we should be excited about paying $2.50 for 1 gallon of gasoline; we should be outraged and remain so until its back to $1.25 for a gallon of premium.

not picking on you stangGT97, but you see my point? When gas went from $1.50 to $2, we were pissed. Then it goes from $2 to $2.50, and we're begging for $2/gallon again. Now its been hovering above $3/gal for over a year now, so we're stoked that its slowly, (and temporarily) dropping closer to $2.50/gal. Im sure we'll be looking at $4/gallon after the first snowfall of the year, bc that has a huge impact on oil production :rolleyes:

merc123 said:
Because compare the current president to the other candidates. Not to start a political war, but he was the better choice.

It's like, do I want to eat the poop in my left hand or in my right hand. Neither one is appealing but you're going to pick the less of the two.

Exactly. And also everyone seems to blow off the fact that OPEC/The Middle East/Oil Companies themselves are a large part of the problem. Are you all forgetting already the record BILLIONS of dollars of profit the oil industries earned earlier this year? The oil companies are the most corrupt businesses on earth, and they realize the inelasticity of demand for oil and in turn jack up the prices til we bitch enough, then they lower it slightly to make us shut up. Once we're quiet and content with our measly 2.** price they'll jack it way the hell up again and then lower it down to the measly 3.** that shuts us all up...and so on. The way i see it, it comes down to a big F U to the oil companies and their corruptness.

Believe it or not, the president isn't involved in every good/bad thing that happens. Does it seem like lately everything is getting blamed on Bush? OMFG WTF I GOT FIRED FROM MY JOB ITS BUSHES FAULT!! OMG MY WIFE LEFT ME, DAMN PRES IMPEACH HIM. Get over it and realize other factors contribute to worldwide situations besdies just the presidents input.

The house votes on taxes, congress approves treaties and such, congress approved the war. Learn something about our political system and how world politics work before you all bitch about everything being Bushes fault. And my view on him is he was the better bad choice vs. the competitors in the last 2 elections, so i'm by no means a diehard Republican.

Pennywise2 said:
You can thank President Bush for the raising gas prices and
also voting ten times to raise your taxes. :notnice:

From your comments above I gather that you must live in an alternate reality where obvious conclusions are traded for a variety of un-truths and conspiracy laden propaganda. I don't know about everyone else in the country, but I can remember a check that came in the mail with my name on it that was a result of a nation wide tax cut. Perhaps they just sent it to me by mistake, or perhaps I won some mystical lottery, but I'm pretty sure that a flat-tax cut was for everybody. Then again, what do I know, I only have tangible evidence.

mustangkid05 said:
yea but did you notice how when you talk to everyone they do not like the president like 9out of 10 ppl so why is he in office lol

I'm going to assume based on your screen name, that you probably aren't old enough to vote anyway.. but if you were, I'm sure you'd be busy stealing packs of cigarettes from your local 7-11 anyway on polling day.

I guess I'm just curious where you got that 9 out of 10 statistic from.. are you a political pollster or something in your spare time? Maybe 9 out of 10 members of the "Support your local Al Qaida chapter" hate Bush..

Gas is going to continue to go up no matter what. It will go up and down but in the end it will be more. In other countries it is way high.

I was just happy the other day that I drove 525 miles on one tank of gas without my "low fuel" light going on. When I filled up I still had a couple gallons in my 18 gallon tank. Stang is for the weekends now and my rice burner is for my long daily commute.

helty said:
does anyone else see the problem with this statement and the enthusiasm that comes with it?

no way in hell we should be excited about paying $2.50 for 1 gallon of gasoline; we should be outraged and remain so until its back to $1.25 for a gallon of premium.

not picking on you stangGT97, but you see my point? When gas went from $1.50 to $2, we were pissed. Then it goes from $2 to $2.50, and we're begging for $2/gallon again. Now its been hovering above $3/gal for over a year now, so we're stoked that its slowly, (and temporarily) dropping closer to $2.50/gal. Im sure we'll be looking at $4/gallon after the first snowfall of the year, bc that has a huge impact on oil production :rolleyes:

you have a very valid point Helty... my banana dance was supposed to be taken as sarcastic. When I got my car 2 summers ago, gas was still in the $1.** range, and I would drive around all the time just for fun. The following summer it was up to almost $4 where I live and I couldn't drive much at all cuz it was so expensive. Then the prices started dropping to just under $3, and everyone was like "oh wow this is awesome gas is coming down".... it went back up a bit, then dropped again, and people keep feeling like oh hey, 2.50 isnt bad. Well just 2 yrs ago gas was $1.50/gal, and that was high, but we fail to make that connection for some reason. I think we need to just have a no-commute day each month, make the oil companies lose some money.

Paying an extra buck a gallon still is only another 15 bucks at the pump. Who cares. I'm poor, and I can easily afford 15 bucks.

Boycotting for a day wouldn't cause companies to lose money, it would just cause a surge of people who fill up with gas the day afterwards, causing many stations to run out, which in turn would cause some stations to price gouge, and thousands of idiots will pay the gouged price regardless of what it is. Were you one of the people who drove right over to the gas station on 9/11 to fill up? Good priorities.. get terrorist attacked, and everyone is concerned only about themselves, and how much gas their car has. That's why I refer to people who pay gouged gas prices as idiots. Nobody was complaining that day about paying 5 bucks a gallon.

Anyway....what has been accomplished? You end up paying MORE when you screw with the gas stations. If you really want to make a difference, write your congressman, or run for office.

There's nothing joe average can do to drive prices down. People need to realize there are certain things we have no control over.. the passage of time, our inevitable deaths, and gas prices.

sgarlic said:
Boycotting for a day wouldn't cause companies to lose money, it would just cause a surge of people who fill up with gas the day afterwards, causing many stations to run out, which in turn would cause some stations to price gouge, and thousands of idiots will pay the gouged price regardless of what it is. Were you one of the people who drove right over to the gas station on 9/11 to fill up? Good priorities.. get terrorist attacked, and everyone is concerned only about themselves, and how much gas their car has. That's why I refer to people who pay gouged gas prices as idiots. Nobody was complaining that day about paying 5 bucks a gallon.

woah, you really need to calm down. I was in class in high school when 9/11 occured... I'm not some insensitive jerk who doesn't care about the awful things that took place that day, so enough with the name calling please.

I understand what you're saying about the average joe not having any means to change certain aspects of life. We're so dependent on oil in our lives that we don't have much choice to pay whatever they're charging at the pump. The oil companies know this and they're capitalizing on it, which sucks.

Lets all send our cars into the ocean, thats a garunteed way to fawk the oil companys over...:mad:

Gas is down to 2.4x now. I remember for like a week after the initial fallback on prices, it went down to 1.93. I about ***** my pants, and I remember how pissed I was when it started to climb back up to 2.20... and then 2.40... and then 2.60... and that nice jump to 2.90...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now im glad its down to 2.40 something, sure next time at this year well be begging for 3.x to be the low point...

I get so pissed about it because there is no reason for the prices to be this high, aside from the companys making record profits at our expense.

Supply and demand drives the market in positive or negative ways. Bio-diesel is getting attention. Bio-ethanol will too. Speak out and eventually the Arabs will be out of a job.

I heard of a bear attacking a truck using bio-diesel cause it smelled like french fries... What do you want? Pollution or the smell of McDonalds? :rlaugh: