Gas Mileage with a Turbo

• Sponsors (?)

SpectralSamurai said:
What kind of gas mileage can one expect to get with the 2.3 Turbo and a T-5 or other manual transmission? What kind of mileage do you get right now (city and highway)?

City 17-20 depending on how much right foot control you exert
Highway 23-27 as long as you stay under 3000 RPM.

20-21mpg must be the average average...my 2.3L turbo always got me around 20mpg and my 2.0L turbo Eclipse gets me around 20mpg. It's very dependant on the right foot. My Eclipse will get 15mpg or less if it is only used around town, and gets >25mpg if used only on the freeway. The 2.3L Turbo was pretty much exactly the same.

a351Must2 said:
20-21mpg must be the average average...my 2.3L turbo always got me around 20mpg and my 2.0L turbo Eclipse gets me around 20mpg. It's very dependant on the right foot. My Eclipse will get 15mpg or less if it is only used around town, and gets >25mpg if used only on the freeway. The 2.3L Turbo was pretty much exactly the same.

My gently lifted 2.3 ranger gets from 20-22 Mpg frequently.... I'm almost always cruisinng at 65

No Traffic lights where I usually drive week long, and in the city I get POOR POOR mileage