Gas Prices

He's right.
The government has almost nothing to do with the price of oil...

Here's a little secret for y'all:

Shhh, don't tell anyone, ok?

THESE ARE PUBLIC COMPANIES. GO BUY SOME STOCK AND MAKE MORE MONEY EVERY TIME OIL GOES UP...

• Sponsors (?)

ironic that everyone said bush was doing it for oil.. i believe most of our oil comes from canada, venezuala, and a tad from the mid east...and yes china and india are eating most of it, darfur is a good example of the world turning its head, china has weaponized the militias and basically 300 thousand people just died for oil and no one is helping them... the analysts are predicting 5 bucks a gallon by julyish... theres irony in the fact that back when all the muscle cars ruled the world there was a depression and a gas crisis, and the rebirth of the muscle car the same damn thing is happening, im just glad i ot rid of my expedition, i loved her alot but man 5 years ago she cost a bundle to fill up

If americans are consuming LESS gas, then why are we paying more? We should not have to pay more for gas when some other country is using more and driving up the market. Make the countries that are conuming more pay more. Its very simple. Somebody needs to step in and fix the problem. Americans are consuming the same amount of gas, if not less and we are paying more. Even GW bush can "mathmatasize" that. He's so on his way out he doesnt care anyway. ANd yes GW Bush is an idiot. The people that are going to succeed him arent much better either.

Yeah. Gas is sold on FUTURE shares. They buy gas now on what they think it will cost in the future because they think it will go up. NOt only that if someone farts in the middle east these people **** their pants about oil and gas goes up. Thank you Hurricane Katrina

They buy gas now on what they think it will cost in the future because they think it will go up. NOt only that if someone farts in the middle east these people **** their pants about oil and gas goes up. Thank you Hurricane Katrina

Not to mention the fact that the world's crude oil is continually running out... and the population continually increasing.

I imagine that has something to do with it.

Yes but there is still alot of oil in the ground. Most people think there isnt. Not to mention they just found probably the 3rd largest oil reserve in the world in Brazil this month.

That may be, but...

1) The Brazil resource has not yet had any time to affect the market.

2) No matter how you slice it, the oil supply is decreasing by the day. And since it's nonrenewable, the oil companies are gonna make you pay more and more til it's gone.

Only way gas prices are coming down is if the entire world switches to alternative fuels and decreases demand.

I hope the Brazil stockpile turns out to be enough to last forever and get us back to $1 gas. But chances are... it won't.

That may be, but...

1) The Brazil resource has not yet had any time to affect the market.

2) No matter how you slice it, the oil supply is decreasing by the day. And since it's nonrenewable, the oil companies are gonna make you pay more and more til it's gone.

This is true.

I live in Wa state and we have one of the highest gas prices in the nation- and we get our gas from Alaska!

Honestly, gas was never the same for us after Hurricane Katrina.

Clinton or Obama will not save us from 5 dollar gas either. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No one will save us from gas... Obama, McCain, Clinton. No one.

We reach each subsequent plateau, $2... $3... $4 per gallon, and Americans get "used to" that level mentally, and it never drops back below. Oil companies then take advantage of that and keep on raising the cost.

Look at the profits of Exxon... Royal Dutch Shell... Phillips Conoco... Chevron. They are outrageous, and a lot of it is them knowing they can get away with it.

The crappy part is... there is no solution. Everyone is being constantly bombarded with bad news that affects gas prices (Hurricanes, global warming, geopolitical crises)... and even if it's not true, all it does is empower the oil companies into jacking the cost up even more.

I can't believe how much the markets react to speculation and rumor. It's insane, but that's life I guess.

True, but......we are living in corporate America today thanks to George Bush and his buddies. The corporations have become the government.

hey Stan, while we're on this subject - I just want to thank you for always driving below the Speed Limit.
(saves more gas for all of us)

and if you're ever in my area ,,,
:uzi: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - stay out of the fast lane!!!!!!

Not to mention the fact that the world's crude oil is continually running out... and the population continually increasing.

Yeah, we were running out of oil around 1973. It's 35 years later and there is still plenty of oil.

We've got the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and the Organization of Fuel Using Countries (OFUC). Every time OPEC increases the price of crude oil, we hear the cries of OFUC.

I've read that currently the world is at 99% of refining capacity, which helps explain why the price of refined fuels is so volatile. Even small shortages or political tensions and such can cause big ripples in the prices.

Personally, I'm getting ready to go on the ramen diet so that I can continue to feed my two hungry muscle cars. :D

So why isn't Iraq paying us back in oil after we blew up their country and spend billions a month rebuilding it?

In terms of the collapsing dollar, buy silver and gold....that will preserve what wealth you have as inflation eats your lunch for you. Savings accounts are the worst place for your money.

No one will save us from gas... Obama, McCain, Clinton. No one.

We reach each subsequent plateau, $2... $3... $4 per gallon, and Americans get "used to" that level mentally, and it never drops back below. Oil companies then take advantage of that and keep on raising the cost.

Look at the profits of Exxon... Royal Dutch Shell... Phillips Conoco... Chevron. They are outrageous, and a lot of it is them knowing they can get away with it.

The crappy part is... there is no solution. Everyone is being constantly bombarded with bad news that affects gas prices (Hurricanes, global warming, geopolitical crises)... and even if it's not true, all it does is empower the oil companies into jacking the cost up even more.

I can't believe how much the markets react to speculation and rumor. It's insane, but that's life I guess.

Yup, we're the frog in the frying pan.

It will reach a point where gas prices are just too high, forcing something drastic to happen like alternative fuel (not this e85 business) to happen. It's not going to be at $5, its going to get much higher than that. I believe it'll be over $10 before something significant happens. I don't make a 35 mile one-way commute anymore so bring it on.

I fill up 2 times a week at about $50 a fill, $100 a week, about $500 a month. That equals out to about $6,000 a year just to fill the stang. I would be happy if it went down $2 and stayed there. That would be $26 to fill the tank and about $3,120 a year. In 2010 when they say gas will be at $6 a gal I would be at around $10,000 a year to fill the stang. This is not looking good for the future of muscle cars. If I have the stang for 30 years (I would be 54 then) that would be $300,000 in gas. That is assuming gas stays at $6 a gallon. More realistically it probably would be around $500,000 or more over 30 years. That is just insane.

If it makes you feel any better, they were talking about the same thing back in the 70s during that crisis. If you asked a person back then if they would ever sell a car that got 15mpg again, they would of laughed in your face.

I think tough times are ahead, but it's not as bad as the media makes it out to be.

Heres a great solution.. every country were giving aid to that HASNT helped in the WAR. stop the aid turn around sign a bill saying we can start using OUR oil in OUR country use that money to build the needed systems and volla ! Politics are a Fckn joke.,... THe rich get richer and everyone else just gets rapes in ass with out lube. Ive been in the Army going on 10 years now ,,... Its the same every were Politics need to change and so do our policies as the USA ! Just my 2 cents ! Im done ranting !