gas smell With A/C

Ok here is the situation and i'm not sure if any of this is related to the problem: My wife borrowed my 96 gt and left the lights on and drained the battery. The next day i started to smell gas when i put the Air conditioner on and gave it no thought but later that day i pulled over on the road to make a call and was on some grass (not sure if this caused any problems) and about 20 minutes later my car choked and shut off. It would not start after about 5 minutes of this i pulled the battery cable to see if i reset the computer if it would help, and it did. The car started right up, but i still smell gas when i put the A/C on. hmmmmm?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

exhaust leak? do you have cats? does it smell different out the tailpipes?

I mean if there exhaust fumes at air inlet for the climate system it is going to pump them in the car. I would open the hood wile the car is ideling and just see if there is exhuast smell present. if there is track down the source.

well today no smell and my car runs great!. I checked the fuel lines and nothing, I think when the car battery went dead and she jumped the battery the computer must of gotten confused or something making it run rich,and when i reset the computer and gave it a day to adjust it fixed itself!