Gas Tank Problem!!!!

2klaseredstang

Feb 12, 2003
NJ
I was in an accident about a year ago only cosmetic damage or so i thought. After about 6 monthes the car started having trouble filling up at the gas pump especially in cold weather. You would set the pump to fill the car and after a few gallons or so it would read it was full. Then for the next 8 -10 gallons or so you would have to pump the rest yourself, but the pump would read full every half gallon so, it would go half gallon then CLICK it would read it was full then half gallon CLICK, Half Gallon CLICK it gets really annoying but now it doesn't do it as much now that it is the summer i dont know why any ideas on how to fix it or what could be the problem??????????????

• Sponsors (?)

PerformanceRed said:
The float that registers how much gasoline is in your tank is defective. Get it fixed or sell/trade the car in and get another one which is "accident free".

ok that float has nothing to do with filling the tank. also, i doubt hes gonna trade or sell his car with all his mods, plus thats a really damn shady thing to do.

sounds like the filler pipe is contricted, maybe it got shifted to the side a bit and is kinked.