Gas tank size

TwoStangWmn

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2001
Spokane, Wa
Hello!! I have been searching on here and on the Internet for about an hour for the size of a Mustang II gas tank. I know I could go out into the garage and pull the manual out of the glove box, but I thought I would just ask. Hubby thinks it is a 20 gallon tank. ??

The gas gauge hasn't worked since we got the Mustang two years ago. He says it's the float. I just wanted to know the size of tank so when I fill up I can figure out when to get gas again according to the odometer by mpg ( around 20) and how many gallons of gas it took at fillup. We will eventually look for a float....

Thanks
Vicki

Attachments

• front side viewx2.JPG
    front side viewx2.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Sponsors (?)

The Mustang II Organization

I think if your car is a 4cyl or and 6cyl it sould have a 13 gallon gas tank. If it is a V8 it should have an extra 3.5 gallon auxiliary tank (total of 16 1/2 Gallons). A goofy Ford afterthought which is essentially an extra big filler tube that usually leaks. If the car is a V8 check the filler neck, if it looks like a normal tube, the auxiliary tank may have been replaced. (common for V8 II's to have lost the Auxiliary tank during a gas tank service durring their life). If the filler tube has a little gas tank on it your carrying an extra 3.5 gallons:D:nice: