Gasket Disappeared In Motor!!!??? Lol

My thermostat gasket is gone. I have been having over heating problems with my car and i've been trying to find out the problem I took out the thermost to see if it was the thermost that went bad but it wasn't it. I didn't have a gasket for it so I made one. I put it on thin and put it back in only to leaked. I did that 3 times then I said F it and made a thick gasket and put it in. Few days later I went back to the garage to do a coolant flush and my roommate was messing around with my car and he was like,"where is that gasket you made?" Then i was like :mad: .

I checked the hoses and its not there. I'm guessing that its in the water pump. I took the other side of the hose out and got a water hose out to see if my water pump is still pushing water through and it is. But i'm still worried where this gasket went. What problems am i looking in gettin myself into if I don't find this gasket?

• Sponsors (?)

As long as coolant flows, should be fine, but hate to see that get stuck in the wrong spot, block your flow, and force you to tear down the whole freakin engine.

Wonder if you can back-flush the entire system and force it back out the way it went in?

Can you hook up your water pump backwards? Wel if you could hook a hose to the bottom of the radiator, and have it drain out of the top, but you probably would never get enough pressure. I never said it was possible, just the only thing I could think of other than a teardown.

The fan is working fine. The thermost is working, opening and closing. I changed the engine temp sensor which was $13.00 dollars. I checked to see if there was coolant in there was and I even changed the oil. Checked all the hoses and water is going in and out.

I think it maybe a bad water pump or a blew a head gasket. I say head gasket it because i'm losing coolant all the time. If its a head gasket i'm gettin heads and cam. I wish it isn't because then i can just get my blower.

GoBabyVroommm said:
I think it maybe a bad water pump or a blew a head gasket. I say head gasket it because i'm losing coolant all the time. If its a head gasket i'm gettin heads and cam. I wish it isn't because then i can just get my blower.
if you're losing coolant it's either blowing back out the pressure cap OR getting sucked into a chamber and being blown out the exhaust, check for smoke