GATORNATIONALS- NO Ford Representation

I had a GREAT time at the Gatornationals yesterday, But I was sorely disappointed when I strolled through the vendors' display. I came upon a HUGE Pontiac tent with a new Solstice, GTO and G-6 GTP 'vert, then there were about 5 GMC vehicles on display to fondle and sit in. And THEN there was the GM Performance Parts tent, Imaine the ENTIRE GM Performance Parts catalog on display!! Ok, maybe not the ENTIRE catalog, but it was impressive, 2 tractor-trailer lengths!!
So, by now I'm REALLY excited, if GM can put this much effort into a National event like the Gatornationals, surely Ford can too and might do one better, I mean alot of the new funny cars are "Mustangs" right? WRONG!!!!
I could see the blue and white tent just a short ways past the GM display, it said Ford Racing Performance Parts, I was getting Excited. Then I noticed the Summit trailer. It was Summit!! THEY were the only ones carrying the Ford banner! I asked the guy at the display and he said that since they had Ford parts in their catalog, they put up the tent and if I had a Ford question I could ask his co-worker "BOB". WTF?? GM has 5 SEMI's worth of stuff and we have "BOB??? Have the lay-offs cut that far into Ford?? WOW!!
So I complained to "BOB", I said look at this, this is pathetic...etc...etc.. So then "BOB" says (quite seriously I might add) maybe you can put a 350 or a 454 in your Mustang, we have them in the Summit catalog.:eek: :nonono:

The Insanity of it all.......................

• Sponsors (?)

While I can understand Ford not being into the NHRA anymore, I can't believe they would turn down a chace to "make a buck". I personally would have paid the $5.00 for a new FRPP catalog, GM's weren't free and they were selling quite a few.
I guess the way I see it Sponsoring is one thing and sales is totally different. Ford had quite a few cars at the Jacksonville Auto Show (including a new GT500) and they had NOWHERE near the traffic that the GatorNationals had. It just seems like a good PR opportunity missed. My $.02