Gauge Cluster Needles Wrong

Nemethjames1

May 15, 2016
I bought my first mustang in 12 years. A 2004 gt 5psd all stock but flowmasters.

I always have noticed the temp gauge reading too low, and the speedo being 6mph fast. It had glow gauges installed on it but they did not work so I took them. in order to install it, the needles had to be removed and I they weren't put back in right spot.
I did the hold the trip meter while the key on, and the digital temp and speedo readout is accurate on everything. I didn't take the needles off to remove the glow gauge light plastic board, I just cut it off with scissors.

My question is, is there a way to take the needles back off and put them in right position. Temp gauge is the only one I really want accurate the most, altho not very helpful stock, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

As I have take. Apart a lot of things for repair or cleaning, i would love to fix the needles asap before I assemble everything.

No one has a clue on a way to set the needles properly??? I have been searching for hours. I found ways for Hondas and others but seems different procedure

Just some thoughts....the gauges seem to have a set location when the car is off. I would look at that for a start....maybe look at another car as a starting point. Then do the gauge test thru the odometer and see if they do a full sweep and after that, see if the digital readout in the odometer test matches the needle position of each one.