Gauge cluster replacements?

QangMartoq

Feb 27, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Are there any sources that sell a replacement gauge cluster for '87 Stangs? Since my cluster is old and worn out (lights making odd appearances by showing through the plastic where they shouldn't, due to age) I'd like to replace it.

If possible, I'd like to get a 140mph speedo (Mine only goes to 85mph, and even my 2.3 can exceed that) and also one that has a 6 digit odometer (not counting the tenths), as I'd like to have the true mileage reflected, instead of just knowing that the odometer has rolled over twice.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

QangMartoq said:
Are there any sources that sell a replacement gauge cluster for '87 Stangs? Since my cluster is old and worn out (lights making odd appearances by showing through the plastic where they shouldn't, due to age) I'd like to replace it.

If possible, I'd like to get a 140mph speedo (Mine only goes to 85mph, and even my 2.3 can exceed that) and also one that has a 6 digit odometer (not counting the tenths), as I'd like to have the true mileage reflected, instead of just knowing that the odometer has rolled over twice.

Thanks!

Best places to look are the for sale sections along with Ebay (or a near by junkyard/upullit), those are the sources i see them on alot. Depending on what is exaclty wrong you could just replace the gauge faces, those are sold anywhere and everywhere that sells mustang stuff

This is what my gauge cluster looks like. Found this in an image search engine.

At the very least, I'd like to replace the silk-screened face, as ny dash lights are showing through where they shouldn't, due to age. (I think)

A speedometer that registered 140mph would be nice. I can live with the current odometer, if I must.

Attachments

• 78_1.jpg
    78_1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 105
I took my 89 gauges out (which are the same as yours) and replaced them with a set from a 93 mustang... it involved moving EVERY single wire in the 2 harnesses around... but I have a 140mph speedo now and I dont really care about the tach being half of what it should be (4k rpms shows as 2k rpms...) since I have a 5" autometer tach...