Gear Break in Period

• Sponsors (?)

40oz said:
at least until he's done with the install.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of people will tell you there is a break in period, a lot will say there isn't. My shop told me, you can go easy if you want. Cheap insurance would say take it easy for a little while, say 50-100 miles. Remember, there is no factory break in period is there? With my 4.10's I was semi easy, just to give it a good seal and allow the rear lubricant to heat up. Do whatever you want basically!!!

JOHNS01GT said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of people will tell you there is a break in period, a lot will say there isn't. My shop told me, you can go easy if you want. Cheap insurance would say take it easy for a little while, say 50-100 miles. Remember, there is no factory break in period is there? With my 4.10's I was semi easy, just to give it a good seal and allow the rear lubricant to heat up. Do whatever you want basically!!!

My installer told me the same thing. I drove it pretty hard within 25 miles of the install mileage and now I've put on 3500 miles since then with no problems.

This is a huge debated question lol. Really I don't think it matters either way. On my 4.10s I did the heat up process.. drive for about 10 miles at normal speed, let it cool for 30 minutes, drove for 10 more miles, cool for 30, drove for 10 more miles, cool for 30, and then romped the crap outta it :)

personally....i rather take the safe route....if im paying 400-500 for sumthing.....i might as well do the break in period...the guy only told me 100 miles to break it in...would have the rear end taken a crap if i punched it leaving the shop....maybe not.....but didnt wanna risk it...