Gear install noise and tuner shifts problem

ran260gt

Sep 7, 2005
:damnit::mad: , Like everybody who has gears installed , the biggest thing is not to have anykind of noise !

Well hear I am in that boat , got my gears done today at a really good shop that does alot of mustangs , there was 10 mustangs at his shop, and there is a slight noise kind of like a howling sound comming from the rear that was not there before I dropped the car off !

The other thing is that when I picked up my car the owner forgot to tell his guy installing the gears to install new bearing , so I have new 4.10 gears with 63000+ mile bearings , not sure if this is a big deal or not , but it still pisses me off that this would be over looked , seing how I dropped 850 to get the job done (I got a SCT X3 tuner too ,

And with the tuner , the 1/4 throttle shift points are really high , my 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are at 3000 rpms , this is already getting old after a few hours:mad:

The shop said give him a call if there is any problems and he would take care of it , so it looks like I will be giving the shop a call Monday to ask some?:damnit:

You guys have any info , like do gears take a few miles to stop making noise ?

thanks for your help !

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks man! :notnice:

Sounds like they didn't set the lash depth properly and I think they should have replaced the bearings, but I am not an expert :bs:

As for the tuner I has a Diablo predator so I can't comment.

I would call the shop and make them re-do it properly there should be zero noise!

good luck