gear ???

I have 3:55 now and I want to get a performance diff like an eaton. What do you suggest for a diff and gears. I have an aode with a shift kit, soon a 3000 stall. In summer it my daily driver thats why I went with 3:55, but I read that a lot of people do 3:73 or 4:10 on their daily drivers with no probs. What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

I have an auburn locker rear in my car, and also run 4.10 gears, i don't do that much highway driving around here so i can't really comment on that but i love the gears even when i do around 70 75 im only at say 2500(roughly)

all depends on what you want, if i had not gotten such a good deal on my 4.10's i would have bought 3.73's, all depends on what you want.

ON the locker rear you have to be careful driving in the rain or damp weather, or when going around turns etc. unless you want it to get a little loose, but in a straight line traction is greatly improved

jason

I don't think there will be a huge difference between 3:55's and 3:73's. If you really want a big difference and don't do much highway driving then go with 4:10's. The 4:10 will get you off the line hard. Great for going to the track.

Mine's a daily driver and I do all kinds of highway driving with my 4.10 gears. To be honest, I noticed no change in mileage from when I drove the same route with the previous gears, 3.55. Considering that the speedo was uncorrected for the 3.55's, from 3.27, my mileage may have improved a little--but I doubt it.

There is very little difference between 3.73 and 4.10 rpm wise. About 230 rpm at most speeds.