Gear?

SexyGT488

Aug 9, 2005
Chicago,IL
I was thinking for a new mod to put new gears for my car im not too familiar with the curent gear ratio for the car right now but hear alot of people to go with 410's? or what about 373's? also i was thinkin of doin it my self in my auto class so i dont have to pay somebody else do it for me. is it a hard job? arent parts like $200

• Sponsors (?)

3.27 are the factory gears for the GT's. Upgrading to a 3.73 gear is almost as big of a jump as the difference between 3.73's and 4.10's. As was said before, it usually depends on what route you are going with your stang. I know I am staying N/A, therefore 4.10's will be the better route for me. But, if you are thinking about adding turbo/supercharger, then 3.73's would be your best bet. I wouldn't think about installing the gears myself, since I don't have much experience with installing gears. But, if you know you have the right tools & equipment, then it's certainly possible. Good luck!:nice:

SexyGT488 said:
Well i guess i might have someone do it for me then how much does it usually cost for parts and labor all together?

well the FRPP gear set are the easiest too install and they run about 180 if your car dosent have that many miles like 75K then the old bearings can be used so labor ussually run around 225-300 depending where you ask and go :D

i checked it out at mustang tuning the 3.73's cost 180 and the 410's r goin for 240 so im confused wat would be my best bet for gears i, not really lookin to add a supercharger or a turbo anytime soon just want car to be quicker

i got 3.73's and i like them, I plan on adding a S/C in less than 1 year. So 4.10's would have been too much for me. But if you are going to stay N/A go with 4.10's, if your going to add a s/c or something, then go with the 3.73's...if your still unsure. Someone makes a set of 3.90's. I think motive is the name of the company.....good luck