Gears And A Kick

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by PmA, May 7, 2013.

1. adrift

adrift Member

No problem. And no, I don't think your tune is the issue here, though it may be emphasizing whatever issues you do have.

2. PmA

PmA New Member

I did some research and there happens to be a really good performance shop pretty close to me. I have the owner taking a test drive a little later. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

3. PmA

PmA New Member

Well I just got back. This shop says he feels that everything is fine. He says it's the torque converter. I guess the tune I had with the chip is something different. I don't feel like swapping to the chip so I'm done worrying about it. Time to drive the car like I used to. :)

4. COramprat

COramprat Drone Driver
    Mod Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    It shouldn't be that noticable. The tune should firm up your shifts but it shouldn't feel like it is trying to tear things up. did the shop you took it to specialize in Mustangs?

5. PmA

PmA New Member

I don't think so but he's been around for a while and works on performance cars. I'm kind of at a loss. At some point I am going to pull the computer out and throw my old chip in to see what happens. One of the things I notice with the tune is how it shifts from second to third rapidly. I really liked how the Reihart chip I bought a long time ago changed the shift points. It felt awesome and it was smooth.

6. COramprat

COramprat Drone Driver
    Mod Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Tunes are subjective anyway. One guy may think his way is better and another may find something he likes. It may be a means to the same end but with all the parameters available it could just be that the tune you have now is the tuners idea of the perfect shift point and firmness of shift.

7. PmA

PmA New Member

I hear you. I've been driving the car more carefully trying to understand the way it's set up to shift. If I let the shifts run the way they want it doesn't happen. Maybe I'll beat on it until it breaks. Then I'll know exactly what's happening. LOL!