Gears... Help Identify

• Sponsors (?)

The pics are too small or my monitor too crappy but I can't read the details. The important info is in the bottom row. I think I can just make out an "88" in the middle of the bottom and a "7G23". I suspect the first digits on the bottom row are "327" or something like that (may vary depending on the year and ratio installed): 3.27 (327) ratio in an 8.8 (88) housing. There may be a prefix to the 88 indicating a limited slip or it may be in the ratio, like "3L27".

Post bigger, clearer pics pls.

SANY1177.jpg

SANY1173.jpg

SANY1172.jpg

SANY1171.jpg

okay so i quickly went out and looked and i tried to push the tag down as much as possible. I strongly believe i have 2.73 rear gears 2L73 (trac-loc)

either way, i need some 4.10's

Only way to really tell is to drop the pan. I have the stock tag and I've been through 3.73, 4.10, 4.30, 4.56, and now back to 3.73.

Chris that you????

any recommendations on gear ratios for my car?

I had 3.73 in my 04 gt vert but i think i wanna try 4.10's

thoughts?

by the way,hows things? staying busy???

Chris that you????

any recommendations on gear ratios for my car?

I had 3.73 in my 04 gt vert but i think i wanna try 4.10's

thoughts?

by the way,hows things? staying busy???

Staying busy. Now that I have a new job, everyone needs work. LOL.
I'd go 4.10s at your power level. FRPP brand is quietest from my experience.

the tag reads 273s, but like previously stated most people go cheap and dont buy a master install kit with new pan bolts and choose not to trash the old or not needed parts anymore. pull the pan, count the teeth, and do some math

the tag reads 273s, but like previously stated most people go cheap and dont buy a master install kit with new pan bolts and choose not to trash the old or not needed parts anymore. pull the pan, count the teeth, and do some math

FRPP gears will have the part number on the ring easily visible. The ratio is the last sequence. Most Motives I have seen are also like this. As he mentioned up top, you can also rotate the wheels and count the driveshaft turns, or vice versa.

You dont have to drop the dif cover. (Gotta give Trinity props on this one) Jack the rearend up and place the axle on jack stands. Put the car in neutral. Get under the car and mark the drive shaft (tape, chalk..). While you are watching the driveshaft, have a friend rotate your wheel ten times. Count the number of rotations of the drive shaft while the wheel is being rotated. Once you get the number, divide by ten and you will get your gear ratio. I.E. if you have 3.55s, the driveshaft will rotate 35.5 times.

okay thanks all

now one more random ass question

do these cars have a low fuel indicator light???

i swear my needle looks like its about to drop off at times and still nothing comes on. Then ill go over a bump and it looks like i put a few gallons in....

whats up with this thing

anybody???