Get me in the 14's! What can i do?

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Allright. I really want to get in the 14's before i put my car away for the season,and i know its capeable!!!!! i'll be going to the track next week for the last time this season. Last time was the 1st time ever for me down the track and my best was a 15.06 at 93.75, my sixties suck, i cant get em under 2.3. Since the last time i havent really done much to the car, i just bumped the timing from 10 degrees to 15, so hopefully that will help. Also when i went down the track i just stuck in OD and floored it. This time i will be manually shifting out of 1st and then goin to d instead of OD. I really dont understand how my very 1st run ever was my best run of the day, doesnt make much sense. The temp that day was mid 80's but Humidity was 80-90%, its really supposed to cool off this week, somewhere in the 60's so that will really help.. I just need some tips on how to cut those 60ft times down, what else can i do before i go to the track. I tried launching at 1500rpm but i just peeld out all the way down the track. Where is a good spot to launch on my AOD? I wouldnt think at 1500rpm i shoulda peeled out that much, maybe i just hit some water or something. Just gimme any pointers and all guys. I NEED THIS 14!!!

• Sponsors (?)

What year is your car? Let the car cool down good before you run it, yank the belt, leave the shifter in 1, powerbrake until right before your tires spin, mash the gas shift up to d at 5200rpm and pull the shifter back down to 1 once u feel it shift, then put it back to d to shift into 3rd at 5200 rpm again. If you ran a 15.06 before this should get you in the 14's.

ah the 1 d 1 shuffle, ive thought about this, im almost afraid to do it, but if i dont hit 14's i'll do it!!. Good idea to let it sit for awhile before i make my runs. Thanks for the tip, anymore?

Remove anything from the car you don't need. Not talking totally gutting it but toss the spare tire, tool kit, rear seat and sub box (if you have one).
Example of that, my friend (not a mustang but at least a v6) ran that way at the last year, 14.6 all night long.
This year he had all those parts in and got a 15.2. He did have different rims and tires on and it was hotter out but the weight does make a difference.

Cheap mod wise, remove your exhaust. Might get a few hp and hey your at the track so it's not like you really need one. :D

if you really want it to cool between runs and your track allows it ice the intake. The 1 d 1 shuffle won't kill your tranny by doing it a couple times. If i leave my car in D and just floor it it will run a 14.5 bc it shifts way too early. 1 d 1 shuffle i get 14.1's easy.

If your only goal is to come home with a 14 second time slip then pull out as much weight as possible. Weight = free HP. Also ice the intake down and rip the belt off for 1 pass. That should give you your timeslip you desire.

Im taking weight out right now, all that insulation in the hatch. Heck im gonna do the 1d1 shuffle, because my tranny is shifting before 5000rpm which is really holding me back. I'll let ya guys know when i run it, what i get. Thanks for the help, im confident i'll get 14's for sure