Gettin Hot Where Y'all Are?

• Sponsors (?)

got to a high of 67 while camping today. miserable!

1401915869275_zps2764bf8b.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
R-12??

Check ebay. A little pricey but available. You are supposed to have a license to purchase R-12, but of the dozen of so cans i've bought, only 1 guy actually asked to see mine

Ebay used to be a free for all for refrigerant, but they must have cracked down on it. I went gas shopping recently and couldn't find any sellers not requiring epa certs. My business partner has an Aviation Mechanics certficate, and technically you can buy gas with that, but nobody knows that, so they won't sell it to you. You have to go through one of the large aircraft parts depots, and they charge a ridiculous mark up.

Kurt

About time i guess.

Back when i got my supply of R-12 for my A/C reinstall, i went through the trouble of getting my EPA 609. Wasn't hard, but not exactly an easy test. But after spending the money, and taking a pretty tough test, I found it funny not a single person really asked other than 1 guy

I have a connection to get R22 now, but not R12. It's so expensive it's just not cost effective. We just go ahead and retrofit everything to R134a now. I recently had to change the evaporator core on one of my house AC units. I just swapped it over to an off brand hydrocarbon refrigerant when I did it. I just couldn't justify spending $500 on a 30lb bottle of R22 when I only need 6lbs.

Kurt